Thursday, December 11, 2008

Adoption Update

For the third time in my life, I went to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services, USCIS, office and filed my I-600A (an advanced approval to bring an orphan to the US). I had to file twice with Charlee because of the long wait to bring her home. I was also fingerprinted for the third time in my life.

I'm hoping the third time is the CHARM!!!!!

Jerry was the immigration officer that I talked with and he was terrific, very happy and helpful. Not like by last experience there. If you recall, I had to get Congressman Robert Bishop to push my documents through the system so Charlee could come home. Thank you, Congressman Robert Bishop.

The next step in the adoption is to sit back and wait........

2 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Hey.... Jerry was the guys who has helped me three times!!! If he only knew how appreciated he is from us single waiting to adopt gals he would be a blushing fool!

Eliza2006 said...

Congrats! If only sitting back and waiting were the easy part! I'm so curious to know when it will happen!

Tiffany