Monday, October 6, 2008

Adoption Update....

Documents are at the State of Utah Authentication Office....

....except two documents that were forgotten.

Yep, I thought I was through the last hoop but when I got home from the Authentication Office I had a voice message from my social worker telling me that two documents were forgotten. I called Shonna at Partners For Adoption to make sure these documents were truly missed. They were. Oh well, things happen. I'm not sure where the breakdown in communication occurred but at least they were discovered. We have a plan in place and really no time is lost.

My goal is still to have the documents in Russian by Halloween. It is tight but still do able.

I forgot how much running around the paper chase takes. And with Russia, I get to do it twice. Yep, two dossiers with Russia. The second one will need to be completed after I return from the first trip with some of the documents having to be dated after I return home.

I can do this. I will do this. I've done this before. Some of the common things I tell myself when I've feeling overwhelmed with adoption stuff.

1 comment:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Yes- it's doable- you know that. One of the reasons I can't start a 3rd adoption - the darn paperwork (oh- and the money involved)