Sunday, March 22, 2009

Papa and Natalee

Tuesday March 17th. Natalee's pediatrician did the spinal tap on Natalee and she was a champ. She loved her binkie with cherry syrup on it so she was in heaven. Of course, I couldn't stay in the nursery for that. I don't like to see spinal taps on anyone, especially my one day old daughter.

Natalee was doing better, eating a good amount of formula, the adoption papers were signed, and she was in excellent hands with her nurse Lori. I was in need of some serious sleep. I was not thinking clearly so I went to Grandma and Papa's house for some much needed sleep. I slept for about 4 hours, eat food for the first time in 24 hours. I wanted to say goodnight to Natalee so Dad drove me to the hospital He did this so I couldn't stay at the hospital all night like the previous night.
Priceless

Papa was the first person besides myself and the hospital staff to hold Natalee.

No comments: