Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Natalee turns eleven months old-One day late

It wasn't until I was signing Natalee into the hospital that I realized that I missed her 11 month pictures yesterday. Guilty feelings, Yes. But I'll get over it.

Natalee had stents placed into her tear ducts to hopefully keep them open. Dr Petersen (my hero) was the doctor. Have I've told anyone how much I love this man. Yes, married and kids. Bummer.... Any who.....Natalee did great. She was fussy when waking up because she was so hungry.

The nurse gave her two ounces of sugar water but Natalee gulped that down and through a fit. She got another....same thing happened when Natalee hit the end but this time she throw the bottle on the floor....another....same thing with throwing the bottle....one more...still not happy. Eight ounces of fluid on a tummy right after surgery.....no more baby. How about a toy? NO How about a cracker? NO How about your binkie? NO How about a rootbeer slushy? OK I like this. Where was the cracker?

Time to go home. She slept all the way home and is sleeping in her crib. I have a bottle all ready to go as soon as she wakes up. She is going to be a HUNGERY GIRL.....

A Few Picutes Before Sugery

Mom had a 5AM wake-up call. This shouldn't be early for me but since my surgery this is EARLY.... I woke up Natalee at 5:45, changed her diaper, and out the door we went. It took us 35 minutes to get to the new Riverton Hospital (great experience). It's very nice to live so close to a children's hospital. Primary Children's Medical Center has outpatient services at the Riverton Hospital. I would elect to go to Riverton vs Primary's if I had to pick. LOVE Both.


Natalee waiting to be registered

"Look Mom, I have my very own beeper"


"I'm all registered and tagged....time to play with some toys while we wait'

"This is GREAT" New toys and new things to explore

"I'm not sure I like this tag"


"All dressed and ready to go" "Do you like my new look?"


"I'm bored in this room so I'm going to explore the hallway"


"The back is my favorite" "ICU gown"

"My Mommy wants to take this outfit home but it has anti-theft device" The device is for the child not the outfit. Bummer!!!!
"We don't have red ones at home"

Natalee in motion



I love this little girl and so did everyone else. She received tons of comments about her puffs.
We were home by 9:45

3 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Glad the surgery went well! She looks adorable in her hospital outfit!

Lisa and Tate said...

The cutest patient EVER!!! How is she doing???

Love the pics from CNY!!!

Blain & Maggie said...

Glad to see that she did so well. Sounds like being hungry was the worst of it. Natalee is sooo cute in the hospital outfit. Too bad you couldn't sneak one home.