Sunday, June 27, 2010

Disneyland Tip #1

Don't get STREP Throat 2 days before leaving on your vacation to Disneyland.

On Sunday, Father's Day, I woke up with a horrible sore throat, huge black, white, and bleeding tonsils, fever, swollen lymph nodes, and body aches.

I quickly took my Dad McDonald's Breakfast and dropped off the kids. I drove straight to the local Instacare. I was the second in line but the first to be seen by the doctor. Her expression on her face when she looked at my tonsils was priceless.

A throat culture which was bloody come up positive for Strep. Prescription for Amoxacillin, lots of Tylenol and Ibuprofen. I was running 100-103 temps on Sunday, didn't work on Monday but started to feel a bit better, but on Tuesday morning I knew I would survive.

Throughout our whole vacation, I was never too far from Ibuprofen and cough drops. Tiffany's tip is not to travel with someone with Strep because they have a tendency to snore at night.

I have about 3 more days of antibiotics and I'm feeling good.

The best thing of all.....neither of the Girls got Strep.

No comments: