Saturday, January 16, 2010

Baja Mexico Cruise

The Girls and I returned from our 5 day vacation on the Carnival Elation to Baja Mexico. We had a great time. Too be completely honest, it was rough traveling as a single parent with two kids. I never got a break and kids out of their element can be challenging.

Here are some of our pictures:

Carnival Elation
Our first day on the cruise

The Girls and I had a great time exploring the ship and finding our way around. The Girls did great on the flight, taxi ride to the pier, and boarding the ship. This was Charlee's 29th flight and Natalee's first. Both took naps.

Natalee showing off the backside of her new swimsuit. We attempted to go swimming the first day but the safety drill cancelled those plans.

Our first morning on the cruise. A "Fun Day At Sea" was the plan but the weather had a different plan. As you can tell it had been raining and windy during the night.
Photograph by Charlee


Charlee had a rough first morning. She fell twice in the room and scuffed both knees then got her two fingers stuck in the elevator.
Waiting for breakfast to begin. They were the only kids awake at this our of the morning.

The Sun made a quick appearence so we decided to go swimming. Cold when you got out of the water.




Day #2- Catalina Island, California
The Weather was just as bad if not worse. Freak Storm.
It was raining so I bought Charlee a Chinese Umbrella. She was happy.











After returning from the island, Charlee went to Camp Carnival for some kid time. Natalee and I explored the ship and played on the deck.

Ship to shore pictures


Day #3- Ensenada Mexico
Trip the the Famous BlowHole
AMAZING!!!!!
This was worth the whole cruise just too see this amazing natural feature. Only 4 in the world.
Charlee got a cute purple purse while shopping in downtown Ensenada

Our last morning.....

We all took naps on the flight back to Utah. It was nice to be home. Would I do this again? Not until Natalee is at least 2 years old and can attend Camp Carnival. If I had gotten some alone time, the trip would have been perfect. I loved spending time with my Girls.

4 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

I completely forgot that your cruise was this month! I was thinking Feb. for some reason. You are a brave girl. My friend asked me to come visit this summer and I told her I was chicken...i haven't done a flight with both kids yet. Can't wait to hear more about the cruise. Did you get my message? We need to plan a playdate...Eliza keeps asking for you all!

Lisa and Tate said...

I am so impressed with you and your adventurous spirit! Even though it was NO rest for the momma, it does sound like the girls had fun!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Good to finally catch up. I know what it's like to not get alone time with one.....not sure how I would handle it with two. Let us know when you book your next one. Maybe I can cancel another class:)

maria said...

Those kids are very cute and i loved the
way you are adopting children and raising them as a single parent. After seeing your courage i am also interested in adopting a baby.
mexico cruise