Monday, July 12, 2010

Ask me what I was doing at 1 AM last night....

....I took Minnie outside at 1 PM to go potty and accidently LOCKED myself out of the house.

I tried the front door...locked
I tried removing window screens to see if a window was unlocked....Locked. I never open my windows because of my allergies to I knew this was a long shot.
I rang the doorbell and banged on the door in the hopes of waking up Charlee. No luck.
I threw a plastic toy at Charlee's window. No luck.

I waked 5 houses down the street (in my PJ's) to my neighbors house. She goes to work at 2 AM so I rang and knocked at her door. Her dog was barking but still no one answered the door. More knocking and ringing the door bell....finally she looked through the peep hole and saw me. My hero.....I called Mom and Dad....Mom drove down to my house and opened the garage door. My HERO....

....guess who wakes up?????

Charlee.

Can you believe my adverture last night? I know do not go outside without making sure I can get back into the house.

3 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

OH NO!!!! Thinking you should hide a key somewhere...

We need to come meet Minnie and see your new house..

Let me know when is a great time for this.

Eliza2006 said...

I was laughing as I read your entire post. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time! Hide a key outside! Poor, poor Yvette! Were you tired at work today? Damned dog!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

So funny! I have locked Mila in but- luckily I have a secret hiding place for a spare key....I was so thankful for it at the time as I was panicking